MathWiz for Elementary
MathWiz for Elementary courses broadens students' understanding of challenging concepts in a manner that enriches their investigative and reasoning skills. In this course, the study of numbers and their operations will be explored through interesting word problems and unique real-world applications. Student progress is strengthened through homework, quizzes, tests, and a cumulative final exam to reinforce their knowledge.
Our Math courses adhere to the Common Core and Singapore Math Curriculums. Students will sharpen their math skills to have a fundamental knowledge of Pre-Algebra concepts. As a result, they will be highly prepared for middle and high school math courses and national standardized tests, including MCA, MAP, Aspire ACT, and Pre PSAT Examinations.
MathWiz courses are offered in-person or online. Online courses offered by Academic Excellence deliver live instructions. Students will experience engaging and personalized learning and be supported by resources like videos, polls, online quizzes, notes, and practice problems. Our programs will use breakout sessions to facilitate student learning and engagement. Students will work closely with instructors to prepare for chapter exams and cumulative finals.
Academic Excellence has plenty of teaching experience in both formats (In-person and Online) and is trained to deliver high-quality instruction to every student. Students will have an engaging and personalized learning experience supported by excellent instructors and technical teams.
The classes will be offered online if the campus is closed due to unforeseen emergencies.
2nd Grade Objectives
3rd Grade Objectives
- Adding four-digit numbers
- Subtracting with regrouping
- Rounding numbers to the nearest tens and hundreds
- Understanding two- and three-dimensional shapes
- Solving word problems that involve time, money, and measurement
4th Grade Objectives
- Addition and subtraction with regrouping
- Understanding place value
- Solving problems with decimal points
- Memorizing math facts with the help of fact families
- Creating a number sentence or equation from a word problem
- Finding perimeter and area of a shape by counting units
- Familiarity with both the traditional and metric systems
5th Grade Objectives
- Rounding numbers to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand, ten thousand and hundred thousand
- Using partial products and mental multiplication
- Dividing with two-digit divisors
- Ordering and comparing fractions
- Comparing perimeter and area
- Basic operations with whole numbers
- Beginning algebra topics: expressions, equations, and inequalities
- Decimal arithmetic
- Introduction to ratios and percent
- Prime factorization, GCF, and LCM
- Fraction arithmetic with focus on division of fractions
- Integers, coordinate grid, addition & subtraction of integers
- Geometry: review of quadrilaterals & drawing problems; area of triangles & polygons; volume of rectangular prisms with fractional edge lengths; surface area
- Statistics: concept of distribution, measures of center, measures of variation, summarizing distributions, boxplots, stem-and-leaf plots, histograms